Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have done everything but nothing works only black screen with my cursor, but nothing else. I want to play but nothing at all

Quote Originally Posted by LAURITZ1998 View Post
    Hi guys... I tried following all of the steps in every1 of the guides, BUT... When i open the wow program, the screen turns all black for 5 seconds and then it crashes.
    When i read the terminal-progress, everything seems fine until: Unable to read extra attributes: "Data\patch-4.MPQ"
    Happen the same to me

hey I still can't start wow I
    tried to follow everything it said online
    and I am not sure what I have missed
    could someone help me?

application not working!

Quote Originally Posted by gracefulwalrus View Post
    Fixed it. Here is how:

I wanted to play Heroes-Wow with a friend of mine, except she has a macbook. We downloaded the entire mac torrent (it took a day), we downloaded the patch that Fenuks linked up above, but… Nothing was working. When she pressed the wow executable, her computer said “The application wow can’t be opened”. We tried to fix it. In half an hour, we figured out. Here is the entire process from start to downloading Fenuks patch, to fixing the opening issue, and to finally launching the game on a mac, down below:

For the people who are here for the fix only:

- Error message: The application wow can't be opened.

- Wow executable was labeled as a text file. You must change this to an executable for it to run. Here’s how:

- You must go into the package contents of the application file (Open the folder with Heroes-Wow. Then: Right Click wow application > show package contents > contents > MacOS > World of Warcraft).

- Open the terminal and copy the exact command between the brackets into your terminal, including the space at the end: “chmod +x “. REMEMBER THE SPACE AT THE END. THERE IS A SPACE AT THE END OF THAT COMMENT. SERIOUSLY DON'T MISS THAT LMAO. Before pressing enter, go back to the contents folder you opened earlier, and click and drag the “World of Warcraft” file into the terminal. ...You added the space... Right?

- Press enter. This should convert the text file into an executable file and let you run your game.

This solution was found by the lovely CompassSeeker of the Warmane Private Server.

FAQ:

- QUESTION: I got this… What the hell? : usage: chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a [i][# [ n]]] mode|entry file ...chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-E | -C | -N | -i | -I] file …
    - ANSWER: You forgot to put a space in the command. Once again. “chmod +x ”. Ensure there is a space after the x before you drag your World of Warcraft file from the package contents into your terminal.

For the people who are here for a full guide on downloading the game from start to finish:

Set Up - Getting the applications you’ll need before you start downloading the game files from Heroes-Wow

1 - From the Internet, download uTorrent - This will let you download the entire game files from Heroes-Wow.
    - Link: https://www.utorrent.com/downloads/mac.
    - Download and install.

2 - From the App Store, download The Unarchiver - This will let you open, copy and paste the patch file correctly into the proper folder.
    - Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...25424353?mt=12

Downloading, patching, fixing launching bug, and launching on the mac:

1 - Download the Heroes-WoW for Mac Torrent.

- Link: https://heroes-wow.com/index.php?page=downloads

- Select the one called: “[MAC ONLY] WORLD OF WARCRAFT 3.3.5A WITH HW PATCH 2.0 READY TO USE (TORRENT)” and press the green download button.

- Once it’s downloaded, double click and it should open in uTorrent.

- If it did not open, go back to the set up part of this guide and download and install uTorrent. Otherwise, if you already have it downloaded and it didn’t open with the double click, do this: Right Click, Open With…. uTorrent.

- Once the files are finished downloading, you can find where they are saved by looking close to the bottom of uTorrent under the General section. You’ll find a file path that tells you where everything is saved

- Ex. Users/Priest/Downloads/Heroes Wow Client with Patch 2.0 MAC

- Open your Heroes WoW Client Folder.

2 - Downloading and adding the special game patch for the Mac.
    - Link: http://tinyurl.com/yc3f47ak (This is a direct link from Fenuks comment up above on page 2 of this thread.

- Once downloaded, right click, select “open with…” and select “The Unarchiver”.

- You should see a file called “patch-9.mpq” pop up in the same folder you're in. Right click on that file, press copy, and go to the Heroes Wow Client with Patch 2.0 MAC folder.

- Go into Data. (You should be in Heroes Wow Client with Patch 2.0 MAC > Data). You should see enUS/GB, patch.mpq, patch-2.mpq, etc. Right click on a blank spot of that folder, and press paste. You should see that your patch-9.mpq file was added.

3 - Fixing the launching issue

- The issue is that the file that you are launching is actually a text file. We need to change this into an executable. Here’s how:

- You must go into the package contents of the application file (Open the folder called Heroes Wow Client with Patch 2.0 MAC. Then: Right Click the "wow" application > show package contents > contents > MacOS > and when you see "World of Warcraft" stop).

- Open the terminal and copy the exact command between the brackets into your terminal, including the space at the end: “chmod +x “. REMEMBER THE SPACE AT THE END. THERE IS A SPACE AT THE END OF THAT COMMENT. SERIOUSLY DON'T MISS THAT LMAO. Before pressing enter, go back to the contents folder you opened earlier, and click and drag the “World of Warcraft” file into the terminal. ...Did you get the space?

- Press enter. This should convert the text file into an executable file and let you run your game.”

- Close terminal, uTorrent, folders, etc.Open the folder called Heroes Wow Client with Patch 2.0 MAC, and double click that wow file.

Enjoy the game. Share this guide with other mac users
    If someone sends me a macbook, I will record a video of this process

FAQ:

QUESTION: I got this when I used the terminal command… What the hell?
    : usage: chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a [i][# [ n]]] mode|entry file ...chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-E | -C | -N | -i | -I] file …

ANSWER: You forgot to put a space in the command. Once again. “chmod +x ”. Ensure there is a space after the x before you drag your World of Warcraft file from the package contents into your terminal and press enter.

- Airmed. Unlimited 255 Fun Server
    hey mate. I have done everything you say to do and the app just doesn't want to open! like I double click it and nothing at all happens cheers

- - - Updated - - -

hey bunny boss, did you end up fixing the problem? I have done everything right double click the app and nothing seem to happen cheers

hello here i am again...
    for mac users we wont be able to play the game unless we run a virtual machine to run windows... its almost impossible to play the game since the vm lowers your fps and all that stuff..
    do you guys think you can work on a mac version of the HW.exe file.... i hope you guys gonna work on that cause i like the game, i am a donator aswell and it would be a shame if i wouldnt be able to play game properly after i put so much money in this server...
    greetz tharali