View Poll Results: Should they add Spell Penetration Gems?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 69.23%
  • No

8 30.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spell Pen

Spell Pen

So my main character is a Shadow Priest, we all know they got nerfed and they aren't as good as they use to be. I think one thing that could help not just my class but others is to add Spell Pen to help others.

Shadow priest is pretty much the strongest caster class, so not really sure why they would need any help?

They are 100% not the strongest caster class. Mages it much harder than we do.

shadow priests after nerfs , they need buff too spell pene

Currently Moonkin druids are probably considered the strongest class overall, as mages are really bad in Ulduar (Will probably be fixed at some point).
    You can obtain spell penetration gems from Karazhan and sometimes there are +50 Spell Penetraion gems at the daily vendor (NOTE: They are sold out really quickly, they usually cost 1.000 Shiny Platinum Boxes).
    But from what I've seen, shadow priest do not need a buff of any kind, as they are already really great for dps.

Shadow priests cant barely kill anyone alone. And Aswell as those gems dont work.

Quote Originally Posted by wwoods View Post
    Shadow priests cant barely kill anyone alone. And Aswell as those gems dont work.
    If you're thinking killing alone, I guess you're thinking of PvP. In that case, you should probably look at your own skills with the class, as I've seen many priests able to kill people, also cases of better geared people than those priests.
    It is true that the gems are currently disabled, but they are, from what I know, just doing this as a part of the revamp.

If you're not speaking PvP, I can only say that for PvE content, it is not meant to be that classes can go off kill on their own in their current level of tier.

Im talking about Priests in general. PvP as well. the people i see in the BG could not solo kill people like Ysl, or pallys. Im not saying i cant solo people im saying against melee people is ridiculous because they almost kill me in 2 seconds.

Heroes WoW Member demonicdodonik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wwoods View Post
    Im talking about Priests in general. PvP as well. the people i see in the BG could not solo kill people like Ysl, or pallys. Im not saying i cant solo people im saying against melee people is ridiculous because they almost kill me in 2 seconds.
    I m not gonna say anything other then i have a t23.5 priest and he is fine, both in pvp and pve, no1 can solo me i can kill most of the people i meet in bg's etc in 2's arena priests are balling so i see no problem there. yes in low tier raids (t21-) we need more dps but for end game content we are just fine, TOC/ulduar spriest dmg is fine

So Im kinda curious, because I do have the 25 AND the 50 spell pen gems on my mage and my shadow priest, but many people tell me that these gems dont work at all. Im curious what you guys think about this and if maybe a dev could finally say if this is true or not. And if there is a spell pen cap in raids or not. I know the spellpen cap at world bosses is around 1500.

Let me know what you guys think