View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love it!

8 80.00%
  • Training Dummies are enough, so that's a no from me...

1 10.00%
  • I've got a better idea, look in comments.

1 10.00%

Thread: Testing Zone

Testing Zone

Hello Heroes!

I would like to suggest that we make a place of testing items, such as donation items, sets and others.
    People are often wondering and questioning which setup is the best, and I would like for people to test out their ideas, in a place of testing. It could be made by making a Zone or Dungeon into a "Testing" place.
    In this place, people will be able to pick items and use them to test on a dummy or simulators of smaller packs opponents, to test our their theories of which setup of items, that will provide players with the best result.

To prevent people from taking these items out of the "Testing" zone, the items will have a limited of which area they can be kept within, kinda like the books you can pickup inside Karazhan. Once you teleport out of the zone, your "Testing" items will be removed from your inventory.

The reason why I'm making this suggestion, is that many often question and wonder, if the current setup of items and rotation is the best. Allowing players to test out their theories in such zone, will make people more aware of which items that are actually the best and preventing people from doing wrongful purchases, which is a rather hot topic on the server at the moment. People will also be able to play and come up with new ideas this way, and it will provide people with a possibility of trying out donor items, before buying them, so that they can see if it actually the right purchase they are making.

I've previously had the pleasure of joining along with many others, some of the testing groups for Ulduar, which was made on a closed of realm / server. I really enjoyed the possibility of testing theories, using items that were limited to the place where we were. I know this will be a rather controversial and hard task to fulfill and at the same time, why can't people just test on the training dummies in Mall, Starter Zone and Guild Houses? Well, they can only test their ideas with their current set of items, but in such zone, they will be able to see, if they can improve themselves, by obtaining other items than the usual and they will also have a place of casual fun to test if a certain class is providing people with the fun they hope to, instead of having to gear them all the way up, just to realize they do not like the way this class works with this kind of gear.

I hope you'll consider this, as it will also provide people with more content, which there is a rather large lack of, from my point of view.

If you got any comments or suggestions to improve this, please make a comment about it and don't forget to vote!

i like this idea, i too like to test all sorts of weapon combo's and armor stats etc

It's a great idea, I just think it should be done differently, like on a seperate "Test Realm", because it is very easy to leave these areas, while still keeping the used items in your inventory.
    Last edited by Roeland; 5 Days Ago at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roeland View Post
    It's a great idea, I just think it should be done differently, like on a seperate "Test Realm", because it is very easy to leave these areas, while still keeping the used items in your inventory.
    Yeah, sadly there are ways to avoid having items removed, even tho you're not inside the instance or area. For this, it would maybe make more sense to have the item have some sort of "Requires: Testing Zone" in then, so that you cannot use them unless you're in this zone / instance. Making a new testing realm wouldn't be a great option, in my opinion, as people will have to log from one realm to another, and that could possibly cause less people to be online on the main realm, even tho the content available on the Testing Realm, would be much more limited regarding what you can do. I kinda wanna keep players on the main realm, so that it doesn't cause too much changes in activity or increases the costs for the server, due to having to keep maintenance on more realms than they already are.