Thread: Brand New

Brand New

Hi All
    I'm brand new to the server & to wow. And I have a few questions. I just downloaded the game last night for my hubby & I; I haven't even installed yet, so I wanna know, before I get to that; which server do I want.? I noticed there's 2 different servers, a level 80 & a 255. What's the difference? I'm more of a PvE kinda girl, so that's the kinda server I want. Also, if I start on one server, & decide I want to play the other, do I have to make a new toon? Or can U go back & forth?
    Also, I saw a term that I'm pretty sure means multi-clienting. How many accounts can U have, and how many are allowed on at once? Because, my husband and I are both gonna play, so that's 2 accounts to start & I generally like to have my healer on a separate acct from my other toons, so I always have one I can use
    I've played a couple other mmorpg's on retail and private server versions of their games. I don't like the idea of having to pay money every month to play a game (hence why I've never tried wow b4), but it's always sounded interesting to me. I generally like to play mage type characters and archers. What's the version of those on here? Also, is there a type of character that U can tame pets with & have them fight with U?
    And lastly, do U have to spend real money to play here? Or voting gonna be enough?
    Thanks for any help & hope to see U in game

What's the version of those on here? Mage,Warlock,"Shaman",Hunter, Priest.
    Also, is there a type of character that U can tame pets with & have them fight with U? Hunter can have pets aswell as warlock and Mage can have a Water elemental.
    And lastly, do U have to spend real money to play here? Or voting gonna be enough?
    Voting is enough till T18. T18+ is Donor Buff a must have like the Donor Haste Shirt and Donor Haste Tabard

OK, so I have another question. lol I can't seem to figure out where i have to go to in order to vote. I read the guide & it says to go to the webpage & click vote. i'm totally NOT seeing that. Does someone have a link? Also, when I try to log in on one page (the main page) it says my account doesn't exist & that I have to register. But I did, cuz I'm on here, and I was on the game for a little tonight :/

Welcome, you can vote here
    https://heroes-wow.com/index.php?page=vote

Welcome.

To touch on some questions you should have a look at this topic https://forum.heroes-wow.com/threads...ons-and-Topics as it mentions a brief idea of what each realm is and it also lists the guides section that is quite helpful when starting out in game. Given how you don't really want to spend money or as you phrased it, don't like to, my advice would be try the level 80 Fallen realm as everything that can be donated for on there with very few exceptions, can be earned through voting or raiding in game. Its also more slow paced and relaxed compared to the Unlimited 255 realm and people tend to want donors more than non donors but that doesn't mean to say you shouldn't try it. The choice is completely up to you to play which ever you find more enjoyable.

In regards to multiple accounts, you can have as many as you want as long as you follow the rules (listed in the FAQ thread linked), you can also multibox in PvE only if 1 person is controlling more than 1 account at the same time in game. Its not allowed however in PvP which is basically battlegrounds or arenas or world pvp where people fight each other. But that's something you're not forced into so if you only enjoy PvE content, there is plenty of that on both realms for you to do.

If you make 1 account for example and pick unlimited level 255 realm. You can use that same account and switch over to the level 80 Fallen realm but you would have to make a new character and level it up to 80. So in that regard you can only use the same account to switch between 2 realms, but your characters will not be transferred over.

Lastly the vote page linked by Noxon, when you log into the webite and click that link, all you need to do is click once on each vote box and a new tab will open then you can go back to the vote tab and you'll see a green message near the top stating you've received silver coins. You can proceed to do this until all vote boxes show a 12 hour cooldown. Also its advised to use Google Chrome to avoid any issues.

Best of luck and hope you enjoy your stay.
    Last edited by cheddar; 3 Days Ago at 06:31 PM.
    “Silence is deep as Eternity, speech is shallow as Time.”

Hi,
    Thanks for the infos. It's not that I wouldn't want to donate; it's that I can't afford to donate I started out on the Fallen realm & switched to Unlimited. I like seeing people every now & then! lol I looked at the Guide for that realm & a bunch of other things. Somewhere it said if U aren't going to donate, U should get the Voter's version of the buff/shirt etc. Where do U buy those from? I don't see anything on the store on the website except things that cost donation gold. Other than that, I'm having fun getting lost in WoW Thanks again

You buy those ingame from Voter Vendor. The vendor can be found in various of places such as Mall, Starter Area and Donor&Voter Mall. If you're member of a guild, that owns a Guild House, you will also be able to find the vendor there.