Couple Questions

Hi All,
    So, I'm brand new to WoW n fairly new to the server. Started out on the 255 one & switched to Fallen, which I'm enjoying quite a lot. Been getting a fair amount of lockboxes, so decided to do blacksmithing as a prof.
    My 1st question is, where do I get the mats to make stuff to level it? Do I need to also do mining, or what? Also, how many profs can u have at 1 time on Fallen? And, is it like retail server, where u get 2 profs + what r they, cooking, fishing n something else? (My brother's been a WoW addict for yrs so he's told me some things about the game lol).
    My next question is, i have this quest to see a Major/General somebody in Stormwind (quest is called Messenger to Stormwind), n I cannot locate the NPC. It looks like they should be right at the city entrance, & they arent. I googled the quest n it says that retail considers it obsolete or some such n u cant complete it anymore on retail. Is it the same here? If so, maybe y'all might consider removing it, so ppl dont waste their time. Lol.
    Anyhow, thanks in advance for any help/infos, n see u in game
    Last edited by Bella14; 02-12-2018 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Found name of quest

For mats you gotta go out and search in different locations (or google blacksmithing guide 3.3.5) as generally a lot of those guides are still valid to level stuff up. Mining will generally go hand in hand with blacksmithing so its good to pick up as well.

On Fallen you can have 3 main professions with some minor 1's like cooking or fishing etc.

Regarding the Messenger of Stormwind, that npc was spawned at the entrance of stormwind (usually sits on a horse) but if its not there it could have glitched out but I'll hop on and spawn it in the next few mins of making this post.

Lastly if you wish to google up anything like where a quest is or what spec to take or anything along those lines, be sure to always include "wotlk" or "3.3.5" in your search considering if you leave it out, it generally searches for stuff from the latest expansion which isn't wotlk.
    “Silence is deep as Eternity, speech is shallow as Time.”

Thanks Cheddar, u rock