Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    We are discussing the issue with this cat and looking for ways to fix this up. It will be announced here when it's implemented.

As for other ways - this event has 2 stages. In the next stage, there will be added another option to obtain fire essences, as well as some other items. Also, the respawn timer on the NPCs and chests will be reduced on next planned restart.

Where do you find the fire elementals?

Suggestion: Let Ragnaros in t2 and the third boss in t4 drop a certain amount of "Fire Essence"s.

Reason: Both bosses are alrdy part of the event. Its an easy way to bring more variety into farming/grinding - people would make raidgrps reviving the 2 raids even more (so lower geared ppl who are currently progressing through t1-t5,5 benefit from it) and the people who enjoy flying from one spawn spot to another (which sums up the event right now - the "treasure hunt" idea was nice but by now everyone knows the locations) would get less competition - everyone would benefit.

edit: and with the respawn timer still being ridiculous after the "fix"(dunno if you would have a problem with me mentioning the exact time) its even more important to have the variety i mentioned.
    Last edited by friendlyguy; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:58 PM.

https://gyazo.com/2326f224dc27029334d8cf2ea7f5b29f

Why does my character look like this after equipping the spirit ring?

Hey i got some questions about the event.

Is it possible to get the 2 different tabards on the same character? since both my shaman and druid could use it for melee and Caster

and how many spawns are there in the world? and is it restricted to only azeroth? or is outland and northrend also included for spawns?

and how do we get the devastasted core? does it drop from the fire spanws or only the boss there?

So.. I'm not going to say I don't appreciate the work that's been put into this event thus far, I think the idea of hunting around the world for these spawns is a fantastic idea, and it really is even now when people have most of these spots memorised, and as such have them on a rotational gridlock of grinding between 1 big raid. It's great gets people out of mall and out into the world doing stuff and we should use this as an example to start having more non-seasonal event things going on within the world, random treasure hunts, bosses that spawn in the world rewarding shinies and gems more fun things for a fun server not just a raiding simulator.

Where my problem lies is just how much of a grind it is to get this bag that rewards us with that precious devastated core, after you've gotten the 1-2 rings you need for your alts/main toon that's it, there's not really much else left to grind for except the cosmetics, it's not much of an incentive to really want to carry on.. What makes it worse is that the bag isn't even a 100% chance of a devastated core.. This same bag you also have to roll on between potentially 5-10+ other people.. I'm hoping you can maybe see my dilemma here

I understand that it's still early days and we're yet to see the big reveal of this event with the bosses and further quests but so far it's just been lacklustre and maybe could have used a bit more thought put into the rewards instead of making it a mindless grind for the one reward that really matters

TLR Add something more to do with our fiery essences (make the devastated core cost 5k or something stupidly priced so people aren't completely finished with the event in the first week), up the prices, give more incentive to people to join these big raids and actually work together through what I suggested earlier perhaps? This just isn't ALT viable in the slightest right now especially when people have 5-6 raiding toons and the trinkets being such a huge dps boost

Thank you for reading and more importantly thank you for putting in the effort to make this event even if it's not perfect.. it's something that doesn't really get said alot to you guys I imagine.

- Ardenuf

Quote Originally Posted by dillermus2 View Post
    Hey i got some questions about the event.

Is it possible to get the 2 different tabards on the same character? since both my shaman and druid could use it for melee and Caster
    Currently, you can't get another tabard. They will be added to the vendor lately, as the better versions are available to players.

As for locations - The Fire Elementals are from this planet. And invade they only this planet.

As for Ardenuf's message:
    Keep in mind that the event isn't fully on yet (it's fully done, but lore-wise it needs time), so there will be more activities to do and get fire essences. I didn't make prices out of blue - I did calculate an average not that much time consuming but still requiring effort during the whole event playstyle, which can result in obtaining some of the items. For Most items you have to grind, but if you are aiming at 1-2 pricy ones, you don't have to put up a lot of time. In my vision, that's how such events should be - not easily rewarding, but not plain hardcore grind.
    Last edited by Keeper; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Currently, you can't get another tabard. They will be added to the vendor lately, as the better versions are available to players.

As for locations - The Fire Elementals are from this planet. And invade they only this planet.

As for Ardenuf's message:
    Keep in mind that the event isn't fully on yet (it's fully done, but lore-wise it needs time), so there will be more activities to do and get fire essences. I didn't make prices out of blue - I did calculate an average not that much time consuming but still requiring effort during the whole event playstyle, which can result in obtaining some of the items. For Most items you have to grind, but if you are aiming at 1-2 pricy ones, you don't have to put up a lot of time. In my vision, that's how such events should be - not easily rewarding, but not plain hardcore grind.
    aight thanks for the answer. btw is there gonna come a tank and caster dps trinket as well?

great you guys thought of the players who has a job, and not avaible 24/7 on wow to be able to get the good stuff as well.

There are three trinkets, like weaker versions of the donor trinkets. No tank trinket is planned.

I take it there's going to be no event shirts in this event?