Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    No, the event was planned around fire essences being BoP.

I've made a few posts in the past for a lesser donor trinket to be acc bound , it seems you've done it in a form of event item, Could this be account bound? please

Heroes WoW Member thereciprocal's Avatar
    Hey Keeper, is there any chance of you guys changing the rings so players can have an option whether or not they want the transformation on, sort of like a buff that you can choose to right click away if one wants to.

I like the quirkiness of the transforms and all that but I definitely prefer seeing my character instead. I know a lot of people agree and ive seen many complaints about it so I think this would be the best of both worlds.

Only way to wear the ring without the morph is to die and respawn but as soon as you go into combat the transformation is back so that doesnt really work. Appreciate your time and lastly, thanks for all the effort youve put into this great event

"The rewards of the event come with a terrible curse that forces the wielder to be morphed while they use them. Just like everything in life, not all that looks good isn't bad and not all that looks bad isn't good."™

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyz View Post
    "The rewards of the event come with a terrible curse that forces the wielder to be morphed while they use them. Just like everything in life, not all that looks good isn't bad and not all that looks bad isn't good."™
    Yea, I remember this being said due to the fact that they couldn't make it so the player has the choice of the morph being active or not (Not 100% sure)

Quote Originally Posted by thereciprocal View Post
    Hey Keeper, is there any chance of you guys changing the rings so players can have an option whether or not they want the transformation on, sort of like a buff that you can choose to right click away if one wants to.
    +1 I would like to see this as a feature if it could be implemented. I know the morphs on the rings are through the core but perhaps instead of having the morphs directly linked to the rings, the rings could have a "use" effect that applies a buff, and if a player has that buff on them then they get the morph.

If we planned to make the rings as you ask for, we would do it like the innerfire.
    Each ring has one increased stat compared to its tier counterpart. But such power comes with a curse that the wielder obtains.

I think the event, overall, is very harsh on newer players, which has really driven down the participation rate. When compared to past events, there really aren't many players participating in this event. Most of the guys I see are long-time players, donor dudes T5.5+ (including me).

There are a couple of reasons for this:

1. Lots of people who don't read forums have no idea that there is an event. There are lots of players who did not even know midsummer was live until I told them about it, even today.
    Reasons: -No announcement on main Heroes-WoW website
    -No system message in game
    -Wayfarer's Rest doesn't get checked by most players even though it's in the mall

Let's compare this with Easter 2018, which had an extremely high participation rate: Announcement on main website + clearly visible npc and portal in mall

2. Hard to do much. The easiest part is doing the T2+ T4 quest, which means your bare minimum is already T3. For farming essences across the world, you need at least a 2k shiny flying mount, which many players don't have. Thus as a player who farmed over 2.3k essences I noticed that almost everyone who farmed it was a really high-tiered player with enough shinies to afford the mount. Lastly, OS is too hard for low tiers, you either need hard carries or T5+ people to do it. The number of OS raids going on is quite sad, outside of guild runs. The only incentive is the trinket item, which has too low a drop rate to get even high-tiered people to continuously farm it.

OS was designed as t5.5 instance. It has requirement of t4 only to allow helping and "boosting" a bit undergeared people so that are able to obtain the event tabard too.

The event was overall planned as a "hideous action" in terms of the mall. Thus there is some decor, also there are NPCs in the mall that tell you to go to Wayfarer's Rest. There is an announcement in discord and was initial announcement ingame. About the website - I agree, that is our fault, should've announced on the front page as well.

All spots were placed minding that flying mount isn't essential to get there. But of course, it does help.

Trinket was initially designed to be hard to obtain. There is still a possibility to farm it since bosses in OS can drop the bag and very rarely the core itself. But of course, that would require much more dedication rather than just doing the daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    OS was designed as t5.5 instance. It has requirement of t4 only to allow helping and "boosting" a bit undergeared people so that are able to obtain the event tabard too.

The event was overall planned as a "hideous action" in terms of the mall. Thus there is some decor, also there are NPCs in the mall that tell you to go to Wayfarer's Rest. There is an announcement in discord and was initial announcement ingame. About the website - I agree, that is our fault, should've announced on the front page as well.

All spots were placed minding that flying mount isn't essential to get there. But of course, it does help.

Trinket was initially designed to be hard to obtain. There is still a possibility to farm it since bosses in OS can drop the bag and very rarely the core itself. But of course, that would require much more dedication rather than just doing the daily.
    How hard? Cause i have farmed the instance, and the bag is a rare drop indeed, and the drop from the bag seems even more rare -i haven't seen the core drop yet.. So yeah, it seems like the event is a worse grind than we are used to. -At least make the trinkets account bound.

I don't even know what the lower tiered players are supposed to do, it should give them a fair chance to catch up to all the high geared people. -I still use my boots from the 2015 Christmas event.

What on Earth are you talking about? Why should they make the trinket BoA? It's supposed to be rare and farmed for, not something you get once on one character and can just give it to your others, that'd make it lame to even care to do it. The trinket is just actually better than most tier trinkets, and paired with Donor can make it BiS. Idk why people complain about an event, it's supposed to be like this, not something you do in 1 day and get everything, that'd be a very uninteresting event.