Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Restodruid rework (PvP)

! Disclaimer: This is a PvP suggestion, so everything I suggest is for instanced PvP (duels, arenas, battlegrounds, pvp zones like Nagrand&Gurubashi) only. These changes are meant for casterdruids only(except for the rapid rejuv glyph) because feral druids alrdy heal more than restodruids with hots due to their high amount of attackpower which converts into spellpower while in catform - meaning their selfheal is fine. !

Druids healing right now is based around 1 Spell - Healing Touch. Its the strongest spammable heal ingame.

My Suggestion(s): Nerf Healing Touch(a lot), Nourish(a lot), and the direct heal from Regrowth(only slightly) - buff the healing over time effects from Rejunvenation, Regrowth, Wild Growth and living Bloom, re-enable the quick rejuvenation glyph(OPTIONAL) and buff the heal you get when your lifeboom gets dispelled.

Reason for this change: Right now the best way to play a casterdruid is sitting in Treeform to spam Healing Touch, this gameplay is frustrating because usually in wotlk resto/casterdruids are a fun class with high skillcap - however the things that would usually require skill and make the class interesting, for example
    1)using your hots on the right target (lifebloom plays an important role here, its your "purge protection" so if you wont use it on the right target, it gets purged and just bursted),
    2) pre "bearforming" stuns (druids without barkskin are very squishy, thats why having atleast Regrowth and Rejuvenation up on yourself and predicting stuns so you switch into bearform right before they swap to you is important, on heroes you sit in treeform and either die in a swap or survive and spam Healing Touch as soon as you can),
    3) druids are supposed to be very mobile because except for Regrowth, all hots/dots are instant casts (which allow your class to move while using them), if hots are useless however and the only way to heal is by hardcasting Healing Touch, druid starts to feel like a Restoshaman with stronger heals but less fun utilities (2 completely different class designs so they shouldnt feel the same)

These changes would help to make druid feel more unique and reward smart plays + punishing bad ones (standing still and spaming 1 button).

Im not completely sure about how big the nerfs / buffs should be (in % numbers), however id like to hear your ideas on this concept.

Check my second post here for actual hot numbers in PvP.
    Last edited by friendlyguy; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:50 PM.

Yes this is a good change and it would also make it a lot more fun to play against / with. Hots should be punishable to burst into and it should also be punishable to not have them up, atm it's up to wether if your opponent has good enough gear to kill you in one stun lock or not lol, wether if you got hots or not. So I agree with this post fully.

Here are the numbers, just as promised:

"here are some numbers from a s12/t8,5 geared druid
    in Tree (about 1,35mill healing power, 6% increased healing) : Rejuvenation: 44k (ticks every 3 seconds)
    Regrowth: 41k (ticks every 3 seconds)
    = 85k every 3 seconds
    Lifebloom (3stacks - 3gcds and only usuable on 1 target) 43k (ticks every sec)
    Wildgrowth: 53k (ticks every sec)
    = 96k every sec
    Together with the hots that tick every 3 secs, having full hots up on a very good geared druid in treeform heals you for 124k every sec

Now since druid is a class with several cc spells and offensive spells, sitting in treeform 24/7 isnt possible so youre quite often in humanform/moonkinform, lets check the same numbers inf youre outside the Treeform(1,15mill spellpower): Rejunevation: 35k
    Regrowth: 29k
    = 64k heal every 3 secs
    Lifebloom (3stacks): 30k
    Wildgrowth: 40k
    = 70k heal every second
    So in humanform all of your hots combined heal you for 91k every second.
    Both numbers (124k every sec in Treeform + 91k in humanform) are without healreductions. To set those numbers in conext, a holypala (the class with the weakest "big" heals - and everyone agrees that holypalas arent even close to being overpowered) with only 690k spellpower (nearly half as much as my druid) heals for about 130k. "

Quote Originally Posted by friendlyguy View Post
    ! Disclaimer: This is a PvP suggestion, so everything I suggest is for instanced PvP (duels, arenas, battlegrounds, pvp zones like Nagrand&Gurubashi) only. These changes are meant for casterdruids only(except for the rapid rejuv glyph) because feral druids alrdy heal more than restodruids with hots due to their high amount of attackpower which converts into spellpower while in catform - meaning their selfheal is fine. !

Druids healing right now is based around 1 Spell - Healing Touch. Its the strongest spammable heal ingame.

My Suggestion(s): Nerf Healing Touch(a lot), Nourish(a lot), and the direct heal from Regrowth(only slightly) - buff the healing over time effects from Rejunvenation, Regrowth, Wild Growth and living Bloom, re-enable the quick rejuvenation glyph and buff the heal you get when your lifeboom gets dispelled.

Reason for this change: Right now the best way to play a casterdruid is sitting in Treeform to spam Healing Touch, this gameplay is frustrating because usually in wotlk resto/casterdruids are a fun class with high skillcap - however the things that would usually require skill and make the class interesting, for example
    1)using your hots on the right target (lifebloom plays an important role here, its your "purge protection" so if you wont use it on the right target, it gets purged and just bursted),
    2) pre "bearforming" stuns (druids without barkskin are very squishy, thats why having atleast Regrowth and Rejuvenation up on yourself and predicting stuns so you switch into bearform right before they swap to you is important, on heroes you sit in treeform and either die in a swap or survive and spam Healing Touch as soon as you can),
    3) druids are supposed to be very mobile because except for Regrowth, all hots/dots are instant casts (which allow your class to move while using them), if hots are useless however and the only way to heal is by hardcasting Healing Touch, druid starts to feel like a Restoshaman with stronger heals but less fun utilities (2 completely different class designs so they shouldnt feel the same)

These changes would help to make druid feel more unique and reward smart plays + punishing bad ones (standing still and spaming 1 button).

Im not completely sure about how big the nerfs / buffs should be (in % numbers), however id like to hear your ideas on this concept.

Check my second post here for actual hot numbers in PvP.
    I would say Yes I agree with everything saying but until I saw something awhile I reading and already saying NO way cause leave druid way it is like this where doesn't have Rapid Rej glyph. Cause if what saying and having re enable Rapid Rej. just replacing Restro Druid from being OP to being Broken OP cause this glyph is massively retarded it pretty much turns Rej. to healing touch with instant cast and no gcd. Be back to where Druids be stacking haste for this glyph to heal 100ks+ again thus making them even harder to kill or they become God mode still.

I like suggestion as long keep Rapid Rej. Disabled this glyph is broken in what it does for Druids especially when have high haste on the server not mention Druids have full haste PvE set thus making it really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementest View Post
    I would say Yes I agree with everything saying but until I saw something awhile I reading and already saying NO way cause leave druid way it is like this where doesn't have Rapid Rej glyph. Cause if what saying and having re enable Rapid Rej. just replacing Restro Druid from being OP to being Broken OP cause this glyph is massively retarded it pretty much turns Rej. to healing touch with instant cast and no gcd. Be back to where Druids be stacking haste for this glyph to heal 100ks+ again thus making them even harder to kill or they become God mode still.

I like suggestion as long keep Rapid Rej. Disabled this glyph is broken in what it does for Druids especially when have high haste on the server not mention Druids have full haste PvE set thus making it really bad.
    I have to disagree, with Rejuvenations current healing (see above, 35k with very good gear) and 6 ticks during its full duration over 18seconds, even if youd stack haste the 18seconds go down to lets say 4 with the glyph, that would be a total of 210k healing over 4 seconds (so 52,5k each second/gcd), on the other hand healing touch heals with the same gear for 250k

Also last time the glyph was enabled, resilience wasnt nerfed and hybrids ran around with 11-13k resi which was the biggest part of "making them overtuned" - now geared hybrid classes have around 7-8,5k resi. Your memories regarding the quick reju glyph might be a little bit blurred.

edit: however i agree that even though it wouldnt be overpowered (I just explained why), re-enabling the glyph is optional. The more important part of this thread is the nerf of healing touch in combination with a buff to hots.

- - - Updated - - -

bumppppppp
    Last edited by friendlyguy; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:03 PM.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

First of all im glad you recognized the problem, but with the recent changes things didnt get any better. You nerfed Healing Touch (so far so good), my druid heals for about 40k less (even more if im in Treeform). Regrowths direct healing got nerfed to the ground(from about 180k to 60k). The "buff" to hots however is almost nonexistant. Regrowth + Rejunevation combined still heal less than Renew from a priest which is a joke.
    You also ignored my "warnings" about simply buffing hots without changing the scaling for feraldruids, due to their insane amount of attackpower which converts to spellpower in catform their hots were alrdy fine for a melee.

What youve accomplished so far:
    - Overall nerf to druids healing
    - Healing Touch spam is still the only viable way to heal

My suggestions to improve the changes:
    - Nerf Healing Touch a little bit more (Right now with the recent nerf its on the same lvl as other big heals - it should heal less than shamans/priests big heals)
    - Buff Regrowths healing over time effect
    - Either buff Rejuvs healing over time effect OR re enable the Glyph rapid Rejuvenation
    - Lifebloom wasnt touched, increase its healing and buff the healing when it gets dispelled. It works as a dispell protection (just like vampire touch / unstable affliction for dots), however right now it can be ignored
    - Buff Wild Growth

Overall im disappointed, you didnt reply to this thread in any form and stealthnerfed the class without asking for feedback from players and made things worse like that.
    Last edited by friendlyguy; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:13 PM.

Were there actually buffs/nerfs that weren't posted???

- Nerf Healing Touch a little bit more (Right now with the recent nerf its on the same lvl as other big heals - it should heal less than shamans/priests big heals)
    - Either buff Rejuvs healing over time effect OR re enable the Glyph rapid Rejuvenation
    - Lifebloom wasnt touched, increase its healing and buff the healing when it gets dispelled. It works as a dispell protection (just like vampire touch / unstable affliction for dots), however right now it can be ignored
    - Buff Wild Growth

Overall im disappointed, you didnt reply to this thread in any form and stealthnerfed the class without asking for feedback from players and made things worse like that.
    And +1 to all this
    Last edited by lordvolom1; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:20 PM.

First of all im glad you recognized the problem, but with the recent changes things didnt get any better. You nerfed Healing Touch (so far so good), my druid heals for about 40k less (even more if im in Treeform). Regrowths direct healing got nerfed to the ground(from about 180k to 60k). The "buff" to hots however is almost nonexistant. Regrowth + Rejunevation combined still heal less than Renew from a priest which is a joke.
    You also ignored my "warnings" about simply buffing hots without changing the scaling for feraldruids, due to their insane amount of attackpower which converts to spellpower in catform their hots were alrdy fine for a melee.

What youve accomplished so far:
    - Overall nerf to druids healing
    - Healing Touch spam is still the only viable way to heal

- Buff Wild Growth

The changes were set to be applied on a server restart, which happened while I wasn't around, hence why there has been no post to inform you of any changes.

I understand your frustration however its not as easy as people think to ensure that buffs/nerfs don't effect other things in the process - such as feral druids not getting buffed at the sametime. They use the same calculation...

As always I will look into the changes

Okay so the recent re-enabling of rapid reju shows that it needs some tweaking, so id suggest you to either
    1) disable the glyph and buff reju
    or
    2) keep it enabled but limit the amount of ticks you can get