Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shadow Priest Vampiric Touch / Devouring Plague

• Suggestion:
    • Give priests their haste scaling on Devouring Plague and Vampiric touch back.

• Reasoning why it should be added / changed:
    • It is supposed to be scaling with haste. Currently Shadow priest dots deal decent damage, but for this servers concept it should be changed back to be scaling with haste. It was the reason I ever starter playing priest and it was the reason why I stopped playing it when it got changed.
    • Also you've recently re-enabled warlocks "quick decay" glyph. Would be just fair to let priests have their spells to be working as intended aswell.

Agree, maybe it would also fix the fact (a bit) that priest dmg in pvp before BiS pve gear is absolutely garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayonarabye View Post
    Agree, maybe it would also fix the fact (a bit) that priest dmg in pvp before BiS pve gear is absolutely garbage.
    But this also means it would need to be scaled around bis gear, I do agree things should be working as intended, *currently a lot isn't *.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayonarabye View Post
    and this is the problem, if you balance around "average" gear, lets say s11/t5,5-t6 then bis geared ppl will be broken and if you balance around bis gear, ppl who dont play here for ages / just wanna play pvp without grinding pvegear will be left behind
    Last edited by friendlyguy; 07-23-2018 at 03:07 PM.

BUMP for the main suggestion.

BUMP
    // In case you think Priests will be way too op for the haste they got now, simply remove the haste on pvp head and chest, we never needed that much haste anyway.

No offense but if there is 1 thing this server doesnt need, its buffs for priests in any shape or form

Priests in shadow form are supposted to have haste-scaled dots in wotlk, if you say that then priests are too op you can still compensate it with haste and nerfing glyph of shadow(which gives you like 300k spellpower and procs like permanently by shadow spells in sform).
    *************************you can always still compensate changes in order to make it more fair. This way it will become a F I X and not a B U F F.

Priests to me nowadays feels super boring to play because of this, as Xyrez can relate.

(Quick reminder in any shape or form, imagine being a healer having even lower armor than mages have [and mages can spam mana shield still most of the time because of the amount of spellpower and mana regen which they cannot in normal wotlk] and having to survive the big hits in short amount of time, but that's just the curse that comes with playing priests in wotlk no matter where you play )
    Last edited by Hawjiki; 08-19-2018 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Flaming Others

you do realize that Priest one of most overpowered classes as matter fact it up in top pvp classes on server due it survival ability. Priest already pop one heal at max hp or even if get power ward shield glyph you get healed and bubble at same time. Also if complaining about armor you have other talents make you tanky also like talent allows not be critically hit. Warlocks are in worse than Mage or Priest right now cause devs nerfed their survival greatly but left Mage and Priest survival same and not to mention damage also. Priest do fine damage anyway and if get Ruthless gear has haste on it which make you even more overpowered below that in Vicious still overpowered.

If I have say anything is that Priest needs to be nerfed more, to be more in balance and same goes with Mage, and Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementest View Post
    you do realize that Priest one of most overpowered classes as matter fact it up in top pvp classes on server due it survival ability. Priest already pop one heal at max hp or even if get power ward shield glyph you get healed and bubble at same time. Also if complaining about armor you have other talents make you tanky also like talent allows not be critically hit. Warlocks are in worse than Mage or Priest right now cause devs nerfed their survival greatly but left Mage and Priest survival same and not to mention damage also. Priest do fine damage anyway and if get Ruthless gear has haste on it which make you even more overpowered below that in Vicious still overpowered.

If I have say anything is that Priest needs to be nerfed more, to be more in balance and same goes with Mage, and Druid.
    "Priests already pop one heal at max hp" :
    First of all, I don't understand this sentence in terms of grammar, secondly, you probably mean a priest that pops big cds such as *desperate prayer* which heals you currently a little too much as priest; ideally it should just heal you for like 20% (correct me if I'm wrong, you coulf test the % on a regular geared priest in lvl 80). This though needs another suggestion on its own.

"Power word shield" is neither op as absorb nor as a heal when glyphed, when comparing it to how it used to be years ago.

If you read about what I said about armor as a priest, maybe you didn't fully read it I assume? First of all I wrote it all in (format) because it is offtopic in one way, secondly I mentioned that it's just the curse that comes from playing priests in WOTLK and not just Heroes WoW, they always have to think a little more in order to survive compared to some other healers such as hpala that got literally 5x the amount of armor than a priest has (If you think that's overexaggerating, do your research on it). The way armor works in heroes wow pvp, I don't dare to suggest changes on it, it's the choice of the devs for example when core updates happen.

You mentioned that priest survivability is way too strong already anyway, so what has that to do for the idea of fixxing one of the major parts of shadow priests? I mentioned before already, how about trading the haste-scaled-dots with a nerf of spellpower and haste? (I hope you didn't skip reading this once you read that we suggest getting the haste-scaled dots back) This way priests will not be uncomparingly op compared to the rest.

Also, I agree that the new haste on pvp items seems like a bad joke, we never even needed that much haste to begin with and even around 50-55k is more than fine as caster. Imagine having to fight a priest (for example) that has 92k haste in arena or bgs that is literally spamming heal on every global cooldown? How are we supposted to counter this...

In the end of your post you also mentioned that mages is one of the classes that needs nerf and not a buff, so you want those poor mages that they should have even lower damage than now? I hope you are joking in case you meant mage damage and rather meant something like burning determination(silence immune on 2nd silence) or the redicilous mana shield.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Sayonarabye; 08-20-2018 at 08:54 AM.