[PvP] Limiting PvE Gear

[PvP]
    Suggestion:
    Limit the PvE gear you can use in PvP to 2 items max. With this I mean set/offset or trinkets; weapons should still be usable.

Reasoning why it should be changed:
    Overload of high tier PvE gear currently unbalances PvP to unhealthy amounts.

Sayonarabye

Agreed with this suggestion in the current state of PvP.

The real solution for the problem in my opinion would be to make wearing PvP gear in PvP worth more.

So that you can basicly go and wear a big load of PvE gear, but you don't profit from it like you do now.

Sure you could limit it to 5 items (3 wepslots and 2 random items), but restricting it to 3 weps + 2 random items to reduce the dmg in pvp is weird because 3weps+2 random items give you a MUCH higher boost than 5 random items without a wep for example.

Would be nice if it was even worth using PVE weapons as a melee though.

But good suggestion, as the current Ulduar gear is way better than PVP gear

I personally find this to be a bad solution to a bigger problem currently.
    Instead of making a restriction on what people farmed for (could also just be those people who farmed pve specifically for those pieces to use in pvp) why not make it a "high risk low reward, low risk high reward" type of solution?
    Buff the PvP items instead of restricting PvE items. So when they're actually using those PvE pieces, yes, certain stats may be better (like haste for example), but you lose out on much higher combat stats from the PvP pieces, like resilience, str, agi, etc. Obviously buffing the other stats on the PvP items would help as well so they can actually compete with the pve pieces, not being less than 1/3 of what some stats on the PvP pieces are.

Making these pvp items stronger to be used in pvp would just automatically make people want to wear those pvp items > the pve they used to wear, simply cause it's better. And instead of having that set restriction, the people who want to use pve items in pvp can do so, but are also putting themselves in a much stickier situation when they're actually fighting, possibly lower damage, or less survivability.
    In my opinion, this would be a much better route in keeping pvp active, rather than having those people who farmed for those pve pieces pushed away because they can no longer use all those pieces anymore, and it gets less active over time (more so than it already is now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Devoutqt View Post
    I personally find this to be a bad solution to a bigger problem currently.
    Instead of making a restriction on what people farmed for (could also just be those people who farmed pve specifically for those pieces to use in pvp) why not make it a "high risk low reward, low risk high reward" type of solution?
    Buff the PvP items instead of restricting PvE items. So when they're actually using those PvE pieces, yes, certain stats may be better (like haste for example), but you lose out on much higher combat stats from the PvP pieces, like resilience, str, agi, etc. Obviously buffing the other stats on the PvP items would help as well so they can actually compete with the pve pieces, not being less than 1/3 of what some stats on the PvP pieces are.

Making these pvp items stronger to be used in pvp would just automatically make people want to wear those pvp items > the pve they used to wear, simply cause it's better. And instead of having that set restriction, the people who want to use pve items in pvp can do so, but are also putting themselves in a much stickier situation when they're actually fighting, possibly lower damage, or less survivability.
    In my opinion, this would be a much better route in keeping pvp active, rather than having those people who farmed for those pve pieces pushed away because they can no longer use all those pieces anymore, and it gets less active over time (more so than it already is now.)
    So basicly what I said previously. PvE gear should have SIGNIFICANTLY lower Stamina unless it is tanking gear. The main stats like spellpower, attackpower, str, agi, int could be DECENTLY higher than PvP. But using PvE gear in PvP always meant to be a sacrifice of survivability. And currently there is no reason to use so much PvP gear since the damage you get is just way better because you survive a lot in pve gear anyways. And in PvP gear you lack stats to outheal/outdamage pve.

Conclusion. Buff PvP to a level where it is slightly worse than pve mainstat wise (sp, ap, str, agi, int) but is significantly better in survivability (stamina, resilience). People always used PvE pieces in PvP initially to only reach a specific cap of a specific stat. i.e. warriors/hunters armor penetration, shadow priests haste, etc.

I agree with the idea of buffing pvp gear instead.

PvP gear has needed a rework for a while