Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Balance Classes around PvP gear in the future.

Suggestion to remove PvE gear from PvP in the class balance update in the future
    So Developers can balance classes in pvp around just pvp gear.

Getting rid of pve gear in pvp and balancing classes in pvp around pvp gear instead.

PROS
    Makes pvp a lot easier for the devs to balance
    Makes it so players don't have to grind for pve gear just to pvp
    Stats that are intended for pve, will no longer be involved with pvp
    PvP weapons will actually be used in pvp (Staff/offhands/bows/shield/daggers etc, instead of just certain weapons)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONS
    People complaining about it initially.
    One of the BIGGEST problems with balance involving pvp on this server has been the pve elements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know lot's of people that think this is how it should be, and how it should have been for a long time.

I've heard the argument before that, "well people paid for the pve gear/weapons, so they should be able to use it in pvp".
    However, that's meaningless, due to the fact that you're able to purchase pvp gear.
    If you want to pvp purchase the pvp gear, if you want to pve buy the pve gear, it's simple.

This is something that makes balance 100x easier for devs. This is because currently classes/spells are getting balanced around people using a mix of pvp/pve gear and it makes everything a mess and makes it hard for developers. If people were using just pvp gear, it would be much easier for the devs to balance because they wouldn't have to worry about all the wonky setups anyone could be running and they wouldn't have to deal with stats intended for pve, being in pvp. Balancing it like this means the devs know exactly the gear people will be using, and they can balance spells around the stats/gear accordingly.

Changes that would need to happen for this change.
    -Buff PvP bow
    -Buff PvP shield
    -Add hit rating to weapons
    -Add stats that classes currently lack in their pvp gear (Crit rating etc)
    (If you think of any others, feel free to comment them)

I think this would be a very good thing to include in the class update, for players, the devs, and the server.
    I think players might come back if this were to happen aswell.

Let me know any thoughts/concerns, if you agree/disagree and why, I'd love to hear.

(Leave haste shirt and tabard in pvp because it's been said time and time again it won't be taken out)

Should classes be balanced around pvp gear in pvp in the future class balance?

Last edited by lordvolom1; 08-16-2018 at 03:45 AM.

I personally actually would love to have this added. Making it where it's only pvp gear in pvp, would make it more interesting and a lot more fun and balanced. Although I like the whole haste and what not in pvp, if we want to move further and improve pvp much more, this would definitely be one of the better starts for it.
    +1

Yes this is a good change and I fully back this. Hopefully the people that pve don't come here thinking this will affect them in any way other than providing a more balanced pvp scene.

I am also in such favor of this also and think should been added a long time ago, cause PvE gear has completely ruin the PvP side on the server and made it really not fun though.

I agree to this. Pve gear, to be honest, has just messed pvp up since many years. If anyone played back then you would remember in s7/s8/s9 you clearly could play in full pvp gear and there weren't any big problems in pvp yet, then within time the extreme sets and so on were released and the mess started to begin pvp wise. (for example dying to priest/mage in 2v2 in literally 2 seconds).

I would look forward to this.

[Although another big factor is that you NEED donation gear to be viable in PvP, which crushes almost every new player with pvp intend to the point of quitting server. There has to be a workaround to this, else the "deadness" in PvP in terms of new players will continue. Donor gear SHOULD be better than non donor gear yes, but it should not make you be unviable in parts if you don't have it, I beg you, please don't make this game a DLC.]

Yours sincerely

Sayonarabye
    Last edited by Sayonarabye; 08-16-2018 at 05:04 AM.

the truth I think this would be fine to balance the battles and how the PvP team would be much better if you did not enter teams like shirt and tabard weapons donors in battles and in sands so it would be much more fun just playing in pvp because of course this pve is only for istances

We already did it in the past. It end with huge drama and consequently, we lost a lot of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Onezero View Post
    We already did it in the past. It end with huge drama and consequently, we lost a lot of players.
    Dont take that personal but the pvp community (and i dont mean the ppl who mainly play pvp, i mean EVERYONE who occasionally qs up for a bg) is alrdy very low. If you wanna revive pvp you have to change a lot of things. Yes, a few ppl might leave, but thats not only pvp whise - whatever you do some ppl wont enjoy it and leave, right now you dont have much to lose, you should take a risk.

edit: and im not only talking about this specific suggestion, but ive heared the excuse "ppl will leave/cry" way too often here when ppl made suggestions.
    Last edited by friendlyguy; 08-16-2018 at 08:36 PM.

I based on our experience and our playerbase dropped by 25% just because of disable PvE gear in PvP, one week later most of players asked to bring back PvE gear to PvP. Sometimes it seems to me that some PvP players try to kill our server (do not take it personally).

Quote Originally Posted by Onezero View Post
    I based on our experience and our playerbase dropped by 25% just because of disable PvE gear in PvP, one week later most of players asked to bring back PvE gear to PvP.
    No disrespect but that's because back then you had a pvp playerbase to lose, currently I think it's worth the shot, and it seems the community agrees so far, given that there's been no negative feedback yet.