Mana shield and mana regen (mage)

What are peoples thoughts on mana shield/regen?

I feel like right now it absorbs more than it needs to with the amount of regen mages get, I could be wrong tho.
    imo it's relied on too much, I've seen mages survive wayyyyy longer than they should.
    (This post isn't meant to start a shit storm, just wanna know others thoughts)
    (If this post is in the wrong section feel free to move it)

Mana regen is a lot better in Cataclysm compared to wotlk (as mage at least). I guess that is also one of the reasons Blizzard added a manashield cooldown.

Imo, this is the only way to deal with this, to make a reasonable cooldown on it, even if s4 gear has no spirit on it (mage gear), their donor staff, maybe even tabard/shirt, (offhand if not having one hand sword) gives them unhealthy amounts of mp5 already enough for avoiding more damage than they should.

Years ago some mages spammed manashield every global cooldown (specially in arena) just to survive. Imagine cc'ing enemy healer for like 20sec and mage just spams manashield. Their mp5 and the "mana drain" allowed them to do so. This as well was pure madness and something that should have never become a thing in pvp.

if mana shield gets nerfed mages gonna need a 100% dmg buff, cuz theyre going to end up as a glass cannon just with no dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Kwesi View Post
    if mana shield gets nerfed mages gonna need a 100% dmg buff, cuz theyre going to end up as a glass cannon just with no dmg
    Wait let me ask you this what about Warlocks huh they been nerfed to point where not even worth playing on server anymore in PvP with nerf to fear and heals are shitty that became glass cannons now and yet never given 100% damage buff except with enable to quick decay glyph. That only enables same issue that Enh shamans are running now is that Warlocks have to run all armor pieces give haste for them to be effective in PvP to do any real damage. I tested full PvP warlock and damage not there also most squishy class in PvP since all things gave them survival were nerfed to ground.

What I am pointing out is that Mana Shield should be nerfed but Mages have other things in their kit for survival rather than just relying on 1 spell for survival and their damage is fine. It sorta bs that Mage has huge survival along with decent damage that is like both best of both worlds in offense and defense. When Mage in PvP gets in higher tier of gear in PvP they become unkillable that takes whole bg team to damage them even still Mana Shield has no Cd it seems down right retarded how they are. People in PvP who play other classes or main other classes have been wanting for years for Mages to get nerfed to where balanced state cause as of right now seems like they counter pretty any class on server and have little to no counters to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwesi View Post
    in which universe do mages deal no dmg ? manashield has to be reworked, if mages are too squishy afterwards we have to find another way to buff their survivability (for example X% permanent dmg reduction on all mage armors), however manashield in its current form is stupid and promotes stupid gameplay