View Poll Results: Is this the best thread ever?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 62.50%
  • No

6 37.50%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The big "how to fix PvP" thread 2018

----------
    Last edited by friendlyguy; 3 Days Ago at 05:20 PM.

Regarding class changes, I like the effort put into the thread, however I think we'll have to wait for the class balance to happen, as they already plan on balancing the classes and will probably do it as they see fit, so we have to wait and see.

Also, when you say hunters should receive an auto attack nerf, I think you're right, but I also think all physical dmg dealers should have an auto nerf and a noticeable increase on damage from all abilitys.

Regarding everything else, about rewards and and general changes sound good, I like the pvp mog idea and bringing back pvp tokens etc.

But like I said, I doubt we'll see any class changes before they do the class balance themselves, good post.

Last edited by lordvolom1; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:04 AM.

+1, need the chicken.

"feral : seems fine " lol. they are just bots that chase you to use 100% of their energy to apply 1 dot that ticks for 15k. and then wait around for 5 seconds while energy regenerates. " fine "
    "mage only needs shield nerf" lol. they have 5+ cc spells ( knockback, 15 second slows, disorients, freezes, stuns, ) most value for a 255 custom server. talent wise and they are the most overpowered dmg class.

On another note I think you should allow titan's grip for all people in BG and Arena who do not have it already. Or have the items not require 2 handed specialization. Except shield and off-hands/ 1 handed spell weapon.

The rest of the classes I could comment about but i'll get some sort of childish backlash from the tryhards.
    over and out. gl fixing pvp it's not that fun at the moment in my opinion ;<

Quote Originally Posted by troubleztep View Post
    "feral : seems fine " lol. they are just bots that chase you to use 100% of their energy to apply 1 dot that ticks for 15k. and then wait around for 5 seconds while energy regenerates. " fine "
    I have a season 3 ulduar feral and my rip does over 120k a tic in pvp, over 100k mangles and shreds, Ferocious bite also does a good amount. I think feral dmg is pretty good, it's probably the most balanced spec right now.
    Last edited by lordvolom1; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by troubleztep View Post
    "mage only needs shield nerf" lol. they have 5+ cc spells ( knockback, 15 second slows, disorients, freezes, stuns, ) most value for a 255 custom server. talent wise and they are the most overpowered dmg class.
    If mage is so "OP" why isnt everyone playing mage and doing well on them? When Enh shamans were stupid in pvp everyone rerolled enh shaman, but why is everyone not playing mage if theyre "the most overpowered dmg class."?

Your ideas are alright, but your idea of balancing classes in pvp is completely skewed. You're adding nothing but nerfs to classes that need major buffs.
    For Ex - warrior is one of the worst classes right now and you've suggest nothing but a 5% dmg NERF for whatever reason.

----------

Druid
    Feral: Seems fine
    Hybrid Caster: Nerf Starfall dmg by 15%, Force of Nature(treants) by 15%, Swiftmends healing by 20%, Healing Touch by 5%, Wrath by 5%.
    Feral is lacking any real damage to pressure anything.
    You're asking for nothing but nerfs to balance druid, I should remind you that the hybrid classes are strong right now because of the recent change in resilience and S4. This isn't exclusive to boom druid.

Shaman
    Enhancer: Nerf auto attacks by around 20% (the recent Frostbrand nerf didnt change anything, just like i predicted)
    Hybrid Caster: Seems fine, might buff flame shock slightly
    Why do all of you want enh shamans in the dirt? Give them more damage.

Priests
    Nerf Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague´s dmg by 15%, Mindblast by 10%, greater Heal, Prayer of Mending, Flash Heal, Renew and Penance by 15%, Prayer of Healing by 20%.
    "nerf everything on this other hybrid class too cuz he has a lot of resilience aswell!"

Warlock
    Buff chaosbolt by 50%, change the Spirit stat on the PvP Head to Haste and the Spirit stat on the PvP Legs to crit.
    I'm okay with this one honestly

Mage
    Rework Manashield - In my opinion the only way to finally fix manashield after all those years is to give it a cooldown. On top of that, give mage armors a permanent buff which decreases dmg taken by X % (i suggest 10%). This way mages wont become too squishy and the stupid manashield spam will have an end
    The old devs tried the exact same thing you're suggesting, and it went horribly for them. The problem with mana shield isn't the amount it absorbs - it's mages mana regen that's making that absorb seem so ridiculous. A decent balance suggestion would be give mages the damage they deserve to blow people up and get rid of this mana regen so they're not tankier than a shielded warrior with shield wall up.

Rogue
    Work in Progress
    lazy unfinished forum post.

Hunter
    Nerf auto attack dmg by another 50% - buff abilitys. This might sound harsh, but the goal is to change the hunter gameplay. Right now as a hunter to deal optimal dmg you have to stand still and let your auto attacks do the work. This kind of gameplay isnt beneficial at all and only lures the retards to this class. The auto attack nerf and ability buff should result into a total nerf of 10% compared to their current dmg.
    My S4 r9 wep hunter hits 20k autos, you're asking them to reduce it by another 50% from what they've already done. I know where you're trying to go with making hunters more ability based, but you don't need to make our autos hit 0 to give our abilities damage.

Paladin
    Retribution: Nerf the Auto Attack and Seal dmg by 10%. Nerf the Selfheal via auto attacks on targets with Judgement of Light by 50% (rets topping themselves by auto attacking a target is ridiculous design) and Buff their Holy Light by 50%.
    Holy: Buff Holy Light and Flash of Light by 5%, Holy Shock by 15% (both healing and dmg) Change the Mp5 stat from the PvP Head to Haste and the Mp5 stat from the PvP legs to crit. Also Change the Holy 4Set PvP bonus to remove the cooldown from Exorcism so Hpalas have some kind of spammable dmg to compete with the "hbyrid healers".
    This doesn't sound bad to me either.

-------------