Increase DMG from dots and main abilities:
    Curse of Agony +20% DMG
    Corruption +40% DMG
    Incinerate +20% DMG
    Shadow Bolt +20% DMG
    Soul FIre +20% DMG
    Immolate +20% DMG
    Seed of Corruption +25% DMG

Warlock is one of the most unpopular classes on this server. I want to change this. The priest simply uses two curses and already 1+ million DPS, the same druid or mage.

Screen → https://imgur.com/a/RewXDVl

Heroes WoW Member MakeHwGreatAgain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barondart View Post
    Increase DMG from dots and main abilities:
    Curse of Agony +20% DMG
    Corruption +40% DMG
    Incinerate +20% DMG
    Shadow Bolt +20% DMG
    Soul FIre +20% DMG
    Immolate +20% DMG
    Seed of Corruption +25% DMG

Warlock is one of the most unpopular classes on this server. I want to change this. The priest simply uses two curses and already 1+ million DPS, the same druid or mage.

Screen → https://imgur.com/a/RewXDVl
    I dont think they will buff corruption with 40% cause they re enabled quick decay, however i agree with you warlock isnt good at all, I also dont understand why you dont want to return haste on Rain of Fire, Mage has Flamestrike, Druid has Hurricane (scaled with haste) i am legit tired of seeing priests being the top dps. Even if you dont want to buff Rain of fire you can at least buff seed of corruption.

Do ever someone noticed that Fel Armor takes 30% of total Spirit into Spell power, BUT Warlock Gear got 0 Spirit? Maybe check everything before making suggestions with buff something XX %, Priests got Spirit even on dps gear, Druids got tons of spirit, but Warlocks? Nothing.

Heroes WoW Member MakeHwGreatAgain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madfruity View Post
    Do ever someone noticed that Fel Armor takes 30% of total Spirit into Spell power, BUT Warlock Gear got 0 Spirit? Maybe check everything before making suggestions with buff something XX %, Priests got Spirit even on dps gear, Druids got tons of spirit, but Warlocks? Nothing.
    even if they add spirit abilities are still meh compared to other classes. I am not asking for 100% buff, just a small buff so people can actually look for warlocks

I personally do not think corruption needs a buff at all as it's the main source of damage from the warlock already if kept up, and does good damage. Buffing the spell that is already their top damage dealer by 40% is a ridiculous thought. (If people are having trouble keeping it up they should stand closer to their target)

I do however think it would be nice to see things like incinerate be buffed to promote a different play-style.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeHwGreatAgain View Post
    I dont think they will buff corruption with 40% cause they re enabled quick decay, however i agree with you warlock isnt good at all, I also dont understand why you dont want to return haste on Rain of Fire, Mage has Flamestrike, Druid has Hurricane (scaled with haste) i am legit tired of seeing priests being the top dps. Even if you dont want to buff Rain of fire you can at least buff seed of corruption.
    DMG from Corruprion to low even with Quick Decay. Take the same druids with his Wrath thad inflicts 2 mil dmg from one hit and warlock Chaos Bolt with hit in 1.8 mil dmg, lol wut?)

I tested the warlock with my friend, came to the conclusion that many interesting talents do not work or are turned off on purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madfruity View Post
    Spell power nothing gives! My warlock has more spell power than my druid and priest and give lowest dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lordvolom1 View Post
    I personally do not think corruption needs a buff at all as it's the main source of damage from the warlock already if kept up, and does good damage. Buffing the spell that is already their top damage dealer by 40% is a ridiculous thought. (If people are having trouble keeping it up they should stand closer to their target)

I do however think it would be nice to see things like incinerate be buffed to promote a different play-style.
    All is well but the same mages or priests simply roll their heads on the keyboard and give the TOP DPS, and the warlocks with very complex rotation cannot do this either. So here you are completely wrong.

No need to be rude here, but my warlock does actual really good damage in raids, so you're probably doing something wrong here. Warlock is okay in it's current state. (I would like to see changes of course!) Corruption does actual insane damage, idk if you actually look at the damage it does, but test it by "itself" does not show actual proof it's bad damage (which i'd assume you're doing..) If you test the damage with full rotation, your corruption will likely be the top damage, or 2nd, so corruption buffs would just make lock busted. I'd say buffs on spells other than main rotation spells (Incinerate, Searing Pain, etc.) would be nice, even Shadow bolt buffs would be okay to have, but even then, it'd have to be slight buffs to not overtune shadow bolt to be used more than 90% of the spells you currently use. Soul Fire is fine as is.

I'm not saying Lock is perfect at all, it's very low compared to other classes, but BiS gear Lock is okay. Though I do see locks struggle below Ulduar gear, which is why I can see these buffs being okay, but you have to buff according to other tiers as well so you don't make Lock overtuned. Buffing things like Agony, Incinerate, Searing Pain, Slightly to Shadow bolt, would help a little bit and could also make the rotation have different types of abilities rather than the same ol' rotation over and over.

Though slightly on-topic, I'd love to see Seed of Corruption / Rain of Fire be buffed, the lock aoe is not exactly the best currently, and I'd like to go to the point of it being the "worst" aoe out of all classes currently. Maybe even bring back haste scaling on Rain of Fire..: ))))))

Also with spirit, I'd like to see Spirit on Lock gear, because it would make sense so Fel Armor would ACTUALLY benefit the lock a little more than it does currently, and it would help lock quite a bit to compare to other classes (in my opinion).

**Btw, as mentioned before, if you're having issues with corruption doing damage for you, stand CLOSE to the boss, lock is tanky enough in Meta / has enough sustain to keep you alive. I usually stand near where melee stand, so it's not really hard to keep it up, and if you have also reliable healers, you'll be safer than ever.: ) Will boost your DPS by a ton if you can keep corruption up the whole fight. Also, try to make a macro to cancel things like bloodlust / heroism so your corruption doesn't get too low on duration, as mine usually goes below 2 seconds with them on, which is a little rough to keep up if you're not standing with melee.
    Last edited by Devoutqt; 10-02-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barondart View Post
    All is well but the same mages or priests simply roll their heads on the keyboard and give the TOP DPS, and the warlocks with very complex rotation cannot do this either. So here you are completely wrong.
    I agree with the point that warlock could use a damage buff in lower tiers. I don't play lock myself anymore so I can't give any advice on what spell could use a buff right now.

But to be fair no class on here has a "very complex" rotation. Warlock rotation might be one of the more challenging ones, but is for sure not, as you call it, "very complex"

Quote Originally Posted by Devoutqt View Post
    No need to be rude here, but my warlock does actual really good damage in raids, so you're probably doing something wrong here. Warlock is okay in it's current state. (I would like to see changes of course!) Corruption does actual insane damage, idk if you actually look at the damage it does, but test it by "itself" does not show actual proof it's bad damage (which i'd assume you're doing..) If you test the damage with full rotation, your corruption will likely be the top damage, or 2nd, so corruption buffs would just make lock busted. I'd say buffs on spells other than main rotation spells (Incinerate, Searing Pain, etc.) would be nice, even Shadow bolt buffs would be okay to have, but even then, it'd have to be slight buffs to not overtune shadow bolt to be used more than 90% of the spells you currently use. Soul Fire is fine as is.

I'm not saying Lock is perfect at all, it's very low compared to other classes, but BiS gear Lock is okay. Though I do see locks struggle below Ulduar gear, which is why I can see these buffs being okay, but you have to buff according to other tiers as well so you don't make Lock overtuned. Buffing things like Agony, Incinerate, Searing Pain, Slightly to Shadow bolt, would help a little bit and could also make the rotation have different types of abilities rather than the same ol' rotation over and over.

Though slightly on-topic, I'd love to see Seed of Corruption / Rain of Fire be buffed, the lock aoe is not exactly the best currently, and I'd like to go to the point of it being the "worst" aoe out of all classes currently. Maybe even bring back haste scaling on Rain of Fire..: ))))))

Also with spirit, I'd like to see Spirit on Lock gear, because it would make sense so Fel Armor would ACTUALLY benefit the lock a little more than it does currently, and it would help lock quite a bit to compare to other classes (in my opinion).

**Btw, as mentioned before, if you're having issues with corruption doing damage for you, stand CLOSE to the boss, lock is tanky enough in Meta / has enough sustain to keep you alive. I usually stand near where melee stand, so it's not really hard to keep it up, and if you have also reliable healers, you'll be safer than ever.: ) Will boost your DPS by a ton if you can keep corruption up the whole fight. Also, try to make a macro to cancel things like bloodlust / heroism so your corruption doesn't get too low on duration, as mine usually goes below 2 seconds with them on, which is a little rough to keep up if you're not standing with melee.

BIS Gear lock its lock on donor items or what? Im BIS geared lock in full t5.5 whith pretty hard rotation i have only 1.5Mil dps. → http://i.piccy.info/i9/981f95cc89257.../1273314/5.jpg

Warlock Chaos Bolt dmg → http://i.piccy.info/i9/24aa14a65d550.../1273314/6.jpg
    Druid Wrath dmg → http://i.piccy.info/i9/abddd003fdb2d.../1273314/9.jpg
    T3/T4 Mage → http://i.piccy.info/i9/7ffebc88cadcd.../1273314/7.jpg
    T4/T5.5 Druid → http://i.piccy.info/i9/45049cb2fcfe9...1273314/10.jpg

Whoever thought quick decay was a good solution to giving warlock some damage back clearly has never played the class. I recently came back - almost full void god (not played since tree wing was added to ulduar).

I currently have 70k haste give or take, and am only going to gain more. Currently my corruption lasts 2.8 seconds with quick decay. The whole rotation is based around weaving in a shadow bolt or haunt every other cast. It's absolutely horrible to play. You're punished for having the glyph if you can't basically stand on top of the boss. Even then when you have to conflag then refresh immolate you can often drop corruption for a tick or two, and it is a dps loss to not do so I believe. Which means you have to re-apply corruption manually instead of refresh which just feels horrible.

On top of that, with the relative complexity of the class (compared to basically everything else on heroes wow) you'd think they'd at least reward having better gear. But gaining too much haste is actually detrimental to your class. Once my haste takes my corruption down to 2~ seconds I'll probably have to stop using the glyph as I will spend my whole rotation casting shadow bolt / haunt JUST so corruption doesn't drop before my non-corruption-refreshing abilities actually go off (Chaos bolt, immolate, conflag etc). It's just awful to play. I much preferred the playstyle prior to the quick decay glyph being reactivated. To reiterate the issue - the glyph should not make your corruption last so little time as it's detrimental to gaining haste, which is inevitable as there's only one line of gear progression for all classes. The real solution is to just generally increase how hard everything else hits by a bit and if you're determined to have quick decay active, make it at LEAST half as effective (imo about 5 seconds minimum - shift the dps over to other abilities). Corruption should give you ample time to actually do important rotation abilities such as conflag and chaos bolt without them being a dps loss because you drop corruption during their cast.

It doesn't feel good to play, a ranged class being punished for being at ranged (due to travel time of corruption refreshing abilities). It doesn't make sense. Warlock is also one of the only classes in heroes that doesn't have armour cap naturally so they take a lot more damage from physical abilities - yet they currently have to be very close to the boss to maintain a somewhat decent rotation.

-What I'd like to see in summary:
    Some kind of attention to AOE and/or multidotting

-AOE: Rain of fire needs to scale with haste to some degree OR get a significant damage scaling buff. Right now warlock AOE is terrible - to the point that it's barely a dps increase to AOE on most boss fights.

Multidotting - UA and curse of agony are great for spreading around - but it's barely a benefit over your single target rotation to do so. Corruption only lasting 2 seconds also means it is no good for spreading around as it runs out before you can even apply it to the 3rd target, nevermind the 4th or 5th (assuming very loose adds which can't be AOEd). The whole idea of multidotting is to spread a few things that last a while then continue your single target rotation, which in its current form doesn't seem viable at all.

Buff shadow bolt - if you're adamant on making quick decay "a thing" at least make the refresher hit harder - 130k~ average shadowbolt in more or less full void god gear is pitiful, my t6 mage pyro hits for 2-3x that and adds 2 dots for free. I understand warlocks are supposed to have a very varied dps breakdown compared to other classes, but it should at least be rewarding to do so.
    Last edited by PHAER; 10-16-2018 at 03:50 AM.