Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spirit on Lock Gear

Hello,
    So obviously we can say Lock is the worst Caster dps, yeah (Besides Ele.. Not gonna bother talking about that spec.)? For the most part, at least, from my personal experience, having a BiS lock I would say even then my damage is not as high as I'd like to see right now.

Fel Armor is basically "Glyph of Shadow", giving 30% spell power equal to your total Spirit, including other things.

That spirit is really useful, however, we have NO spirit on ANY of our gear, why? It makes no sense to me tbh.

Adding the spirit to the Warlock gear would buff Lock by actually quite a lot, without having to overtune or undertune any spell on the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Devoutqt View Post
    Hello,
    So obviously we can say Lock is the worst Caster dps, yeah (Besides Ele.. Not gonna bother talking about that spec.)? For the most part, at least, from my personal experience, having a BiS lock I would say even then my damage is not as high as I'd like to see right now.

Fel Armor is basically "Glyph of Shadow", giving 30% spell power equal to your total Spirit, including other things.

That spirit is really useful, however, we have NO spirit on ANY of our gear, why? It makes no sense to me tbh.

Adding the spirit to the Warlock gear would buff Lock by actually quite a lot, without having to overtune or undertune any spell on the class.

Adding spirit not give anything. Need buff spell dmg in spell table. Actualy my warlock have more spd than mage or priest but give lowest dps with pretty hard rotation

You obviously don't know Warlock Spells. Please view this

https://gyazo.com/ba55c4ebc5725375df74ac00afba143e

What this will do, is instead of buffing spells (that don't really need to be buffed at all), is to buff spell power given by certain talents / give spirit to our armor so we can actually benefit from using Fel Armor. Which in turn, means we don't have to buff spells that are not needed to really be buffed. Now this wouldn't put Lock into busted state, but it will allow them to compete against other casters who ALSO benefit from Spirit which ALSO have Spirit on their gear.

Except Shadow bolt, please for buff shadow bolt... it's so bad for damage but it's so good to keep as a source of refresh on corruption..
    Last edited by Devoutqt; 10-07-2018 at 11:41 AM.

You obviously don't know Warlock Spells. Please view this

https://gyazo.com/ba55c4ebc5725375df74ac00afba143e

What this will do, is instead of buffing spells (that don't really need to be buffed at all), is to buff spell power given by certain talents / give spirit to our armor so we can actually benefit from using Fel Armor. Which in turn, means we don't have to buff spells that are not needed to really be buffed. Now this wouldn't put Lock into busted state, but it will allow them to compete against other casters who ALSO benefit from Spirit which ALSO have Spirit on their gear.

Except Shadow bolt, please for buff shadow bolt... it's so bad for damage but it's so good to keep as a source of refresh on corruption..
    Say one more time. Giving spirit on gear not give anything when warlock spells is weak. Chaos Bolt hit 1.8 Mil dmg and druid Wrath hit 1.8 mil dmg. Understand?

I will say it again, no main spell Lock has (except Shadow bolt) is weak. I've never had trouble with these spells whatsoever. You're not doing your rotation right, and even if you were, druid is way too overtuned, I'm not trying to make Lock overtuned, but at least competitive. You're sitting here saying Spirit gives no benefit to Warlock, so you already lost me. You need to read each spell / talent a little more so you can understand why I am trying to give Spirit on Lock gear. It will benefit Lock more to give spirit than to buff Chaos Bolt even a little bit.

I will say it again, no main spell Lock has (except Shadow bolt) is weak. I've never had trouble with these spells whatsoever. You're not doing your rotation right, and even if you were, druid is way too overtuned, I'm not trying to make Lock overtuned, but at least competitive. You're sitting here saying Spirit gives no benefit to Warlock, so you already lost me. You need to read each spell / talent a little more so you can understand why I am trying to give Spirit on Lock gear. It will benefit Lock more to give spirit than to buff Chaos Bolt even a little bit.
    I have wrong rotation? Show your dps in t5.5 http://i.piccy.info/i9/bb043ae0b445d...273119/431.jpg

What do you even use to refresh corruption? Do you manually refresh it? You're doing low dps BECAUSE of your rotation. Using spells like Incinerate just hinder your performance. Do not use Agony UNLESS another Warlock is in the group. Soul fire hits harder, and has talents to reduce cast time of your Soulfire. Shadow bolt is your BEST ability to use to refresh Corruption. Shadow Bolt should be up near the top 5 damage source if you use it to refresh, due to how often you have to refresh in higher gear.

Maybe adding spirit to your gear would be helpful to your dps as well! : )

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, bump!! Kinda wanna know the stance from some dev / GM, or if you guys already made some sort of decision, etc. : )

I feel as if locks are fine right where their at. Just need to fix the corruption and give hit a cap. Just priest/druids are pretty OP atm

Locks are not "fine" right now. Adding spirit / fixing corruption duration is what should be done. But what should I know. : )

Maybe you just need to donate more money, then maybe they'll fix locks.